Friday, July 16, 2010

Blog 4

Reading these sources was like a reality check for me.

2 Issues I was not familiar with

1. I was not familiar with attribution; which means that you should always give credit to the person who created the work .
2. Just because a page doesn't have the copyright symbol does not mean it is not copyrighted.

2 Issues I was familiar with

1. Copyright is a legal device that allows the creator the right to control how the work is used.
2. Originality includes a novel or a student's e-mail message to a professor. Both are considered examples of original expression.

1 comment:

  1. I did not know that most materials on the internet are copyrighted even though they are not explicitly stated. I think we need to be more aware of this and how we can appropriately incorporate copyrighted materials in our classrooms. I am glad we covered this topic because I was unaware of fair use of how and how it affects us as teachers.

    One thing that surprised me about fair use and copyright is that teachers of online courses cannot use the same materials as a teacher in a traditional classroom setting. I would think that all teachers should be able to provide the same materials to all students despite the class setting. I propose the idea of putting the materials online in a password protected database so students can access the materials, but the general public cannot. What do you think about this idea?

    ReplyDelete