Monday, July 12, 2010

Technobiography

I went to a high school that was very advanced in technology. As a matter of fact, its signature program was called "Information Technology in a Global Society." I am familiar with PowerPoint Presentations, Microsoft Word, the Internet, as well as the various forms of digital technology. This course will allow me to see how instructional technology is integrated for both teaching in general as well as in my content area of Spanish. I have been told that for my content area, there are methods for taking a total time of 15 minutes for oral exams instead of spending 1-2 entire class sessions talking to students one by one at your desk. This is what I would like to be enlightened on the most during this course.

2 comments:

  1. I agree - there are many ways to incorporate technology into our future Spanish classrooms to engage students and make them interested in the lesson. One idea that I like is the idea of a "virtual field trip" to a Spanish-speaking country. Have you ever found a virtual field trip online that we could use?

    Also, what do you mean by orally assessing students in only 15 minutes? Do you mean you would ask students the same question and then they would record their answers using a tape recorder or computer software, or do you have another idea in mind?

    Looking forward to your response! Nos vemos maƱana.

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, today's technology can have students speak into an audio device and after 15 minutes all the students have completed their oral exams. There are some drawbacks though. If you have other questions about this, contact Katie Khonen, she teaches Spanish at Perry Hall Middle School.

    ReplyDelete